So, let’s answer the question what is actually Phentermine, how does it work and what is it used for?
Phentermine, which is a sympathetic amine (ADD), is a medication, which is mostly used by the patients who want to lose weight. It’s the only purpose of this drug and there are no so-called “off-label” uses of Phentermine (or we just don’t know about them). It’s not a magic weight loss pill, but it really works. Its mechanism of action is quite complicated, but Phentermine is just a stimulant, which is very similar to amphetamine. It acts as an appetite suppressant, which means that this medication affects your CNS (central nervous system) and doesn’t let the signals from your stomach (those ones that tell your brain that you are hungry) reach your brain. You just don’t want to eat when you are on Phentermine, and that’s how it actually works.
This medication is usually (as we’ve said, that’s the only purpose of this drug) used as targeted — it’s usually prescribed by doctors for those who suffer from obesity. It’s important to know that you shouldn’t take Phentermine if you just need to lose a few pounds, because this medication is for those (mainly) who can’t lose weight with the help of a diet and sport. Phentermine is usually prescribed to treat moderate and severe cases of obesity, not the mild ones. But if you decide to buy this medication, you should know not only about its advantages, but also about its disadvantages. What are they?
What are the possible problems I can face if I use Phentermine? What about side effects?
As we’ve just said, this drug is similar to amphetamine, and this fact will definitely help you understand the possible problems. So, Phentermine can cause such side effects:
- the common ones are: insomnia and other problems with sleep, diarrhea or upset stomach, feeling hyperactive, headache and dizziness.
- the less common but more dangerous ones are: problems with breathing and pain in chest, arrhythmia and fast heartbeat, headache (severe), anxiety and high blood pressure.
The list isn’t exhaustive, so if you feel that something is wrong, you should call your doctor immediately. Phentermine side effects can be really dangerous to your health. This medication can be the reason of tightening of your blood vessels, so you should be careful with this drug (especially if you have a history of blood pressure problems). The same is for those who have heart problems — due to the fact that Phentermine is a stimulant, it influences your heart rate, so be careful while using it. If your heart is beating very fast, the very first thing you have to do is to call your doctor.
It’s also not recommended to take Phentermine together with some medications, such as:
- Other diet pills;
- Amphetamine (and amphetamine medicines);
- Antidepressants like Fluoxetine, Sertraline, etc.
You also shouldn’t drink alcohol if you use Phentermine — the effects may be really bad.
Pregnant women shouldn’t take Phentermine, because it can harm a baby. Breastfeeding mothers, people with kidney and liver problems, people who suffer from diabetes or glaucoma should tell their doctors about it, because taking Phentermine can be really dangerous for them.
Is Phentermine really so good?
Well,— yes, it’s very good. It’s one of the most popular and common weight loss pill in the United States and in the whole world, and it can really help those who suffer from obesity. There are only two things, which you should know about Phentermine in order to experience only positive sides of it:
- It shouldn’t be used for a long time. It’s usually about 12 weeks (3 months), and after this period it would be better to make a pause.
- Combining Phentermine with some medications can be dangerous, while combining it with sport and diets will be advantageous to you in any case. This weight loss pill is strong enough to work alone, but together with these two things, you’ll see the best results.