Are you an experienced driver? If yes, you probably face the problems of drowsiness while driving your vehicle. It is a common case, but this commonness may transform into a very serious problem with severe or even fatal consequences. You should always be attentive if you are predisposed to this problem, and you need to keep control of it by taking special medications. If you take some pills to avoid this phenomenon, find out about other ways of preventing the drowsiness while driving. First of all, you should remember that drinking coffee before driving does not guarantee you alertness. So, do not expect a miraculous effect because coffee is not able to improve your reaction. Of course, you may not experience the sleepiness, but the reaction will remain slow. However, there are still many people, stubborn drivers, who have full confidence that nothing can prevent them from driving safely.
How Not to Fall Asleep at the Wheel
The main rule about driving safely is to remember this simple truth – you should not care only for your safety but for the safety of other drivers who are on the same road with you.
Determine the necessity of your driving. Do not use your vehicle, if you can walk to the place needed. You will economize your money for petrol and lessen the possibility of falling asleep while driving. Of course, it is all said to describe ordinary situations when you just want to drive a vehicle, go shopping, or go to work. If you have to pick up a person who needs an urgent medical aid, it’s all up to you. But estimate your chances of driving properly and do not put other people at risk.
Tips to Stay Awake While Driving
- Have you ever heard about the healing properties of the music? It is true, music can heal even while driving. Turn the radio on all cylinders, and listen to it attentively, it will help you to distract from your drowsiness. But remember that music should be cheerful. You may also sing along with the singer. Do not select those radio stations which play music for relaxation, because it will calm you down and you will want to sleep again. Also, it is not recommended to listen to classical music (which is not cheerful), such genre of music is known for its sedative properties. If you cannot turn on the radio, put the disc with invigorating melodies which will not let you sleep.
- One more tip is connected with inherent parts of the vehicle. You may become extremely sleepy because of the car heater. Switch it off and open the windows, letting a cool breeze into a salon, which will encourage you. In addition, the outside sounds may break into the salon and also distract you from the desire to take a nap. Also, if there is an air conditioning in the salon, close the windows, turn it on and direct airflow to the face.
- Of course, the best tip is a passenger sitting next to you. If you have a companion who will always keep you from being sleepy with an interesting conversation, you will guarantee yourself the safety of driving. You will be involved in a talk but also you will care for the passenger. However, your companion may be absolutely uninteresting and may even irritate you, so, do not be angry because it is another way to stay awake as you will try to restrain the emotions.
- Chewing a gum with a refreshing mint flavor.
- Also, you can make a stop in a safe and well-lighted place or on the sidelines and take a walk in the fresh air.
- Also you can take Provigil to not fall asleep for a long time
These tips may be extremely helpful, but also always beware of the medications taken, read the instruction properly and determine whether the drug may cause such side effect or not.
If you want to know more about drowsiness while taking a preparation, feel free to contact our online drugstore, we will recommend you the drug which excludes this adverse reaction.