Ambien is probably the most famous preparation, which is targeted to overcome all types of sleep deviations. It derives from the family of hypnotic drugs, which possess a powerful sedative effect. It has a strong and direct affection on the central nervous system and the balance of natural chemicals in our cerebrum.
Its major active substance is called Zolpidem. This is a very powerful psychostimulant that is able to remove the problems with sleep regimes. In most cases, different sleep abnormalities take place due to increased amounts of definite neurotransmitters, which are responsible for the regulation of our slumber. This increase makes our cerebrum overly active, which interferes falling asleep as we used to. Thus, people may not fall asleep for too long, awake oftentimes throughout the night or too early in the morning without a possibility to fall asleep again. This all causes other mental and physical problems. Zolpidem lowers the amounts of those neurotransmitters and normalizes sleep regimes.
This drug is considered to be very effectual. It has two layers. The first one dissolves very quickly and guarantees immediate sleep. The second one dissolves slower and provides a deep and sound sleep in the course of the entire night. It has a lasting duration of the action, which reaches 7-8 consecutive hours. This is pretty enough for a healthy slumber.
Nevertheless, there is a sufficient drawback of this drug. It may cause addiction. This is a crucial moment and all who take it should be extremely cautious. In most occasions, the cases of addiction take place due to a durable course of the treatment or when the patients increase their dosing on their own without a previous agreement with their supervisor. These are pretty common mistakes.
Another reason is a natural predisposition to the development of addiction. Due to personal peculiarities, some people may easily get addicted to some drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and so on. Consequently, these categories of people should be constantly supervised by an expert. If there is no monitoring, the patients start using more and get addicted to the drug. Therefore, if you have a history of any type of addiction, you should obligatory inform your supervisor.
The Consequences of Ambien Addiction
Any sort of addiction obligatory involves some health complications. They may differ in their origin and severity. Nevertheless, all of them damage your system. The addiction to Ambien may cause:
- Retrograde amnesia. The problems with memory take place shortly after the implementation of the drug. People may forget about the things that happened a few minutes ago. It is similar to the loss of memory in elderly people.
- Addiction with this drug can make people walk while their slumber. It goes without saying that the cases of somnambulism are utterly dangerous for anybody. Some of them lead to accidents that end up with different traumas and injuries. There are also frequent cases when people died as they fell off the balconies or out of the windows.
- Cognitive impairment. It slows downs cognitive processes and lowers the work of our cerebrum. Thus, people lack attention, coordination or balance.
- Mental deviations. It also affects the emotional state and makes people overly aggressive, nervous and so on. It even led to suicidal attempts.
- In certain cases, addiction led to seizures of high severity.
You have to be very careful when taking this drug. In case, you have got addicted inform your supervisor who will undertake the necessary measures for the withdrawal of all symptoms.